Clinical and cytogenetic features of pediatric dic(9;20)(p13.2;q11.2)-positive B-cell precursor acute lymphoblastic leukemias: a Nordic series of 24 cases and review of the literature
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
Andersen, Mette K
Johannsson, Johann H
MetadataShow full item record
CitationGenes Chromosomes Cancer. 2008, 47(2):149-58
AbstractAlthough dic(9;20)(p13.2;q11.2) is a characteristic abnormality in childhood B-cell precursor acute lymphoblastic leukemias (BCP ALL), little is known about its clinical impact or the type and frequency of additional aberrations it may occur together with. We here review the clinical and cytogenetic features of a Nordic pediatric series of 24 patients with dic(9;20)-positive BCP ALL diagnosed 1996-2006, constituting 1.3% of the BCP ALL, as well as 47 childhood cases from the literature. Consistent immunophenotypic features of the Nordic cases included positivity for HLA-DR, CD10, CD19, CD20, and CD22 and negativity for T-cell and myeloid markers; no detailed immunophenotypes were reported for the previously published cases. In the entire cohort of 71 cases, the modal chromosome distribution was 45 (62%), 46 (21%), 47 (7%), 48 (4%), 49 (3%), 44 (1%), and 50 (1%). Additional changes were present in 63%, the most frequent of which were homozygous loss of CDKN2A (33%) and gains of chromosomes 21 (28%) and X (10%). The median patient age was 3 years, the female/male ratio was 2.0, the median white blood cell count was 24 x 10(9)/l, 11% had central nervous system involvement, and 5% had a mediastinal mass at diagnosis. Risk group stratification was nonstandard risk in 79%. The event-free survival and overall survival at 5 years for the 24 Nordic cases was 0.62 and 0.82, respectively. Thus, although relapses are quite common, postrelapse treatment of many patients is successful.
DescriptionTo access publisher full text version of this article. Please click on the hyperlink in Additional Links field
- The frequency and prognostic impact of dic(9;20)(p13.2;q11.2) in childhood B-cell precursor acute lymphoblastic leukemia: results from the NOPHO ALL-2000 trial.
- Authors: Zachariadis V, Gauffin F, Kuchinskaya E, Heyman M, Schoumans J, Blennow E, Gustafsson B, Barbany G, Golovleva I, Ehrencrona H, Cavelier L, Palmqvist L, Lönnerholm G, Nordenskjöld M, Johansson B, Forestier E, Nordgren A, Nordic Society of Pediatric Hematology, Oncology (NOPHO)., Swedish Cytogenetic Leukemia Study Group (SCLSG).
- Issue date: 2011 Apr
- Clinical and cytogenetic features of a population-based consecutive series of 285 pediatric T-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemias: rare T-cell receptor gene rearrangements are associated with poor outcome.
- Authors: Karrman K, Forestier E, Heyman M, Andersen MK, Autio K, Blennow E, Borgström G, Ehrencrona H, Golovleva I, Heim S, Heinonen K, Hovland R, Johannsson JH, Kerndrup G, Nordgren A, Palmqvist L, Johansson B, Nordic Society of Pediatric Hematology, Oncology (NOPHO)., Swedish Cytogenetic Leukemia Study Group (SCLSG)., NOPHO Leukemia Cytogenetic Study Group (NLCSG).
- Issue date: 2009 Sep
- B-cell precursor t(8;14)(q11;q32)-positive acute lymphoblastic leukemia in children is strongly associated with Down syndrome or with a concomitant Philadelphia chromosome.
- Authors: Lundin C, Heldrup J, Ahlgren T, Olofsson T, Johansson B
- Issue date: 2009 Jan
- Paediatric B-cell precursor acute lymphoblastic leukaemia with t(1;19)(q23;p13): clinical and cytogenetic characteristics of 47 cases from the Nordic countries treated according to NOPHO protocols.
- Authors: Andersen MK, Autio K, Barbany G, Borgström G, Cavelier L, Golovleva I, Heim S, Heinonen K, Hovland R, Johannsson JH, Johansson B, Kjeldsen E, Nordgren A, Palmqvist L, Forestier E
- Issue date: 2011 Oct
- Clinical and biologic features of childhood T-cell leukemia with the t(11;14).
- Authors: Ribeiro RC, Raimondi SC, Behm FG, Cherrie J, Crist WM, Pui CH
- Issue date: 1991 Jul 15