The relationship between satisfaction with life, ADHD symptoms, and associated problems among university students
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
AuthorsGudjonsson, Gisli H
Sigurdsson, Jon Fridrik
Eyjolfsdottir, Gudrun Agusta
MetadataShow full item record
CitationJ Atten Disord. 2009, 12(6):507-15
AbstractOBJECTIVE: To ascertain whether ADHD symptoms, and associated problems, are negatively related to subjective well-being. METHOD: The Satisfaction With Life Scale (SWLS) was completed by 369 university students, along with the Reasoning & Rehabilitation (R&R) ADHD Training Evaluation (RATE), the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-IV) Scale for current ADHD symptoms, and the Depression Anxiety Stress Scales (DASS). RESULTS: The SWLS was negatively correlated with all the other measures, and the strongest correlations were with the Total RATE score. A multiple regression analysis showed that the variables in the study accounted for 22% and 25% of the variance of the SWLS among males and females, respectively. Among males poor social functioning was the best predictor of dissatisfaction with life, whereas among females it was poor emotional control. CONCLUSION: Both ADHD symptoms and associated problems are significantly related to poorer satisfaction with life.
DescriptionTo access publisher full text version of this article. Please click on the hyperlink in Additional Links field
- Moderators and mediators of symptoms and quality of life outcomes in an open-label study of adults treated for attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder.
- Authors: Weiss MD, Gibbins C, Goodman DW, Hodgkins PS, Landgraf JM, Faraone SV
- Issue date: 2010 Apr
- Atomoxetine treatment in adults with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder and comorbid social anxiety disorder.
- Authors: Adler LA, Liebowitz M, Kronenberger W, Qiao M, Rubin R, Hollandbeck M, Deldar A, Schuh K, Durell T
- Issue date: 2009
- Relationship of attention-deficit-hyperactivity disorder symptoms, depressive/anxiety symptoms, and life quality in young men.
- Authors: Chao CY, Gau SS, Mao WC, Shyu JF, Chen YC, Yeh CB
- Issue date: 2008 Aug
- Self-reported ADHD symptoms among college students: item positioning affects symptom endorsement rates.
- Authors: Mitchell JT, Knouse LE, Nelson-Gray RO, Kwapil TR
- Issue date: 2009 Sep
- Adults with ADHD benefit from cognitive-behaviorally oriented group rehabilitation: a study of 29 participants.
- Authors: Virta M, Vedenpää A, Grönroos N, Chydenius E, Partinen M, Vataja R, Kaski M, Iivanainen M
- Issue date: 2008 Nov