A genome-wide scan reveals a maternal susceptibility locus for pre-eclampsia on chromosome 2p13
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
Frigge, M L
Bjarnad ttir, R I
Einarsdottir, A S
Lachmeijer, A M
Bragason, B T
Gulcher, J R
Geirsson, R T
MetadataShow full item record
CitationHum. Mol. Genet. 1999, 8(9):1799-805
AbstractPre-eclampsia is a common and serious disease and a major cause of maternal and infant mortality. Antenatal care systems world-wide screen for signs of the disease such as hypertension and proteinuria. Unlike most other human disorders it impacts two individuals, the mother and the child, both of whom can be severely affected. The pathophysiology of the disorder is incompletely understood, but familial clustering of the disease is apparent. Here we report the results of a genome-wide screen of Icelandic families representing 343 affected women. Including those patients with non-proteinuric pre-eclampsia (gestational hypertension), proteinuric pre-eclampsia and eclampsia, we detected a significant locus on 2p13 with a lod score of 4.70 (single point P < 3.49 x 10(-6)). This is the first reported locus for pre-eclampsia meeting the criteria for genome-wide significance.
DescriptionTo access publisher full text version of this article. Please click on the hyperlink in Additional Links field
- A genome-wide scan for preeclampsia in the Netherlands.
- Authors: Lachmeijer AM, Arngrímsson R, Bastiaans EJ, Frigge ML, Pals G, Sigurdardóttir S, Stéfansson H, Pálsson B, Nicolae D, Kong A, Aarnoudse JG, Gulcher JR, Dekker GA, ten Kate LP, Stéfansson K
- Issue date: 2001 Oct
- A genome scan in families from Australia and New Zealand confirms the presence of a maternal susceptibility locus for pre-eclampsia, on chromosome 2.
- Authors: Moses EK, Lade JA, Guo G, Wilton AN, Grehan M, Freed K, Borg A, Terwilliger JD, North R, Cooper DW, Brennecke SP
- Issue date: 2000 Dec
- Fine mapping and SNP analysis of positional candidates at the preeclampsia susceptibility locus (PREG1) on chromosome 2.
- Authors: Fitzpatrick E, Göring HH, Liu H, Borg A, Forrest S, Cooper DW, Brennecke SP, Moses EK
- Issue date: 2004 Dec
- Objective prioritization of positional candidate genes at a quantitative trait locus for pre-eclampsia on 2q22.
- Authors: Moses EK, Fitzpatrick E, Freed KA, Dyer TD, Forrest S, Elliott K, Johnson MP, Blangero J, Brennecke SP
- Issue date: 2006 Aug
- Susceptibility loci for preeclampsia on chromosomes 2p25 and 9p13 in Finnish families.
- Authors: Laivuori H, Lahermo P, Ollikainen V, Widen E, Häivä-Mällinen L, Sundström H, Laitinen T, Kaaja R, Ylikorkala O, Kere J
- Issue date: 2003 Jan