A sequence variant in ZFHX3 on 16q22 associates with atrial fibrillation and ischemic stroke.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
AuthorsGudbjartsson, Daniel F
Walters, G Bragi
Mathiesen, Ellisiv B
Hald, Erin M
Ng, Maggie C Y
So, Wing Yee
Wong, Ka Sing
Chan, Juliana C N
Ringelstein, E Bernd
Markus, Hugh S
Valdimarsson, Einar M
Ma, Ronald C W
Arnar, David O
MetadataShow full item record
CitationNat. Genet. 2009, 41(8):876-8
AbstractWe expanded our genome-wide association study on atrial fibrillation (AF) in Iceland, which previously identified risk variants on 4q25, and tested the most significant associations in samples from Iceland, Norway and the United States. A variant in the ZFHX3 gene on chromosome 16q22, rs7193343-T, associated significantly with AF (odds ratio OR = 1.21, P = 1.4 x 10(-10)). This variant also associated with ischemic stroke (OR = 1.11, P = 0.00054) and cardioembolic stroke (OR = 1.22, P = 0.00021) in a combined analysis of five stroke samples.
DescriptionNeðst á síðunni er hægt að nálgast greinina í heild sinni með því að smella á hlekkinn View/Open
- The association of the 4q25 susceptibility variant for atrial fibrillation with stroke is limited to stroke of cardioembolic etiology.
- Authors: Lemmens R, Buysschaert I, Geelen V, Fernandez-Cadenas I, Montaner J, Schmidt H, Schmidt R, Attia J, Maguire J, Levi C, Jood K, Blomstrand C, Jern C, Wnuk M, Slowik A, Lambrechts D, Thijs V, International Stroke Genetics Consortium.
- Issue date: 2010 Sep
- Variants in ZFHX3 are associated with atrial fibrillation in individuals of European ancestry.
- Authors: Benjamin EJ, Rice KM, Arking DE, Pfeufer A, van Noord C, Smith AV, Schnabel RB, Bis JC, Boerwinkle E, Sinner MF, Dehghan A, Lubitz SA, D'Agostino RB Sr, Lumley T, Ehret GB, Heeringa J, Aspelund T, Newton-Cheh C, Larson MG, Marciante KD, Soliman EZ, Rivadeneira F, Wang TJ, Eiríksdottir G, Levy D, Psaty BM, Li M, Chamberlain AM, Hofman A, Vasan RS, Harris TB, Rotter JI, Kao WH, Agarwal SK, Stricker BH, Wang K, Launer LJ, Smith NL, Chakravarti A, Uitterlinden AG, Wolf PA, Sotoodehnia N, Köttgen A, van Duijn CM, Meitinger T, Mueller M, Perz S, Steinbeck G, Wichmann HE, Lunetta KL, Heckbert SR, Gudnason V, Alonso A, Kääb S, Ellinor PT, Witteman JC
- Issue date: 2009 Aug
- Genetic polymorphisms confer risk of atrial fibrillation in patients with heart failure: a population-based study.
- Authors: Smith JG, Melander O, Sjögren M, Hedblad B, Engström G, Newton-Cheh C, Platonov PG
- Issue date: 2013 Mar
- Significant association of SNP rs2106261 in the ZFHX3 gene with atrial fibrillation in a Chinese Han GeneID population.
- Authors: Li C, Wang F, Yang Y, Fu F, Xu C, Shi L, Li S, Xia Y, Wu G, Cheng X, Liu H, Wang C, Wang P, Hao J, Ke Y, Zhao Y, Liu M, Zhang R, Gao L, Yu B, Zeng Q, Liao Y, Yang B, Tu X, Wang QK
- Issue date: 2011 Mar
- Chromosome 16q22 variants in a region associated with cardiovascular phenotypes correlate with ZFHX3 expression in a transcript-specific manner.
- Authors: Martin RI, Owens WA, Cunnington MS, Mayosi BM, Koref MS, Keavney BD
- Issue date: 2014 Dec 24