European Board guidance for training centres in Internal Medicine
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
MetadataShow full item record
CitationEur. J. Intern. Med. 2010, 21(2):e1-6
AbstractThe European Board of Internal Medicine is working towards enhancing the training in Internal Medicine in Europe. One of the most important tasks is to ensure that training programmes reach an acceptable level of quality. The Board does not accredit training centres as this is the responsibility of national authorities. The purpose of this paper is to provide guidance for the accreditation process. The content of the paper has been developed from a publication on medical education produced by the World Federation for Medical Education. Basic standards which should be met by all training centres are outlined. Quality development describes standards which centres should aim for although progress will to some extent be influenced by resources, stage of development and local circumstances.
DescriptionTo access publisher full text version of this article. Please click on the hyperlink in Additional Links field
- Redesigning residency training in internal medicine: the consensus report of the Alliance for Academic Internal Medicine Education Redesign Task Force.
- Authors: Meyers FJ, Weinberger SE, Fitzgibbons JP, Glassroth J, Duffy FD, Clayton CP, Alliance for Academic Internal Medicine Education Redesign Task Force.
- Issue date: 2007 Dec
- Updated European core curriculum for radiotherapists (radiation oncologists). Recommended curriculum for the specialist training of medical practitioners in radiotherapy (radiation oncology) within Europe.
- Authors: Baumann M, Leer JW, Dahl O, De Neve W, Hunter R, Rampling R, Verfaillie C, European Core Curriculum for Radiotherapists Working Party, The European Society for Therapeutic Radiology and Oncology., European Core Curriculum for Radiotherapists Working Party, European Board of Radiotherapy.
- Issue date: 2004 Feb
- Next Accreditation System outcomes and Special Review as part of Graduate Medical Oversight of Internal Medicine Programs in the United States.
- Authors: Flannery MT
- Issue date: 2015 Oct
- Developing the accredited postgraduate assessment program for Fellowship of the Australian College of Rural and Remote Medicine.
- Authors: Smith JD, Prideaux D, Wolfe CL, Wilkinson TJ, Sen Gupta T, DeWitt DE, Worley P, Hays RB, Cowie M
- Issue date: 2007 Oct-Dec
- Postgraduate education in internal medicine in Europe.
- Authors: Cranston M, Slee-Valentijn M, Davidson C, Lindgren S, Semple C, Palsson R, European Board of Internal Medicine Competencies Working Group.
- Issue date: 2013 Oct